Sunday, March 15, 2009

Things That I Am Good At.

Our Weekly Blog Challenge: Things That I am Good At

So most people don't like talking about themselves. Not me, lol. I am as insecure as most people, but I am also confident in my abilities. It also helps that I like to talk about anything and everything including myself. So here goes my list of things that I am good at.
1. I think that I am a pretty decent photographer. I like the pictures I take, and I think that others like them as well.

2. I am an incredible mother. I know that there are so many great mothers out there, and kudos to you chicas! But, I am a much better mother then I ever thought I would be. I am patient (mostly), and I do what is best for my child. Granted he is only one right now, so things are a bit easier then dealing with a teenager!
3. I am good at math. I love math, especially algebra. Math problems are just fun problems to solve.
4. I am good at being a friend. I really think that my friends are as lucky to have me as I am to have them.
5. I am really good at shopping. Seriously, I can buy scrapping supplies like no other, lol.
6. I am really good at writing poetry. Trey (my hubby) is a writer, and he is amazing at poetry. Sometimes I read his stuff, and I really doubt my abilities. But if all else fails, I could definitely get a job at Hallmark.
7. I am really good at being a leader. I organize myself and others well.
8. I am really good at scrapbooking! I mean I know there are amazing scrapbookers out there, but art is subjective. So I may never be published or famous, but my family really enjoys the photo art that I create.
9. I am really good at making people laugh! I have the best sense of humor. Seriously, I feel like I'm bragging here, but sometimes I am so funny that I can't breathe from laughing so hard. Okay, so maybe everyone else is staring at me like I'm crazy, but it's funny stuff! They just don't get it..... lol.
10. I am really good at arguing with people. I am so passionate about the things that I believe in, that it is hard for me to let sleeping dogs lie. I will argue until I am blue in the face, hoping that maybe someone might change their mind and their views. So I guess that makes me really good at being stubborn. On another note, I am also really good at listening to other people's point-of-views.
It's 3 a.m., and I am pretty tired. I think that I have bragged on myself enough for one night, lol.
Here's a LO I completed last week, I think it fit really well into today's blog considering the topic.

We've been taking Liam to Lake Junaluska every chance we get. Here are some photos from our recent lake trip, last Sunday.

Liam's doing pretty well. He still has a seriously stopped up nose, and a lot of phlem, but it's getting better. I think he is so close to talking he cannot stand it. He recognizes both of us when asked, "where's mommy/daddy?"

He started temper tantrums this week. When he doesn't get his way, he falls to the ground and kicks his feet and cries. We try very hard to ignore him (and hope that's what we're supposed to do), so that he knows we won't let him have his way. He also started hitting last night. When I tried to get him to lie down, he got angry and started hitting me on the head! When I put him in a mini time out, by himself, he started hitting the pillow in anger.

On a good note, he's as loving as ever. He likes to stick his tongue out, and give us kisses (open mouth, kind of gross, lol), and he loves wrapping his arms around our necks and saying "aaaaaaaaaaa" like he's consoling us.

5 comments:

  1. I love your LO and your list! Great photos and Liam sure is growing fast. I don't wish the teenage years on any parent so just enjoy your little man as much as you can now ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list especially #5 I never thought of that as a good quality :)

    Love your photos you little one is so cute. I love your layout it is awesome and fits this challenge perfectly.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a normal healthy boy. I think a lot of kids go through phases like that. Just ignore the tantrums and time out for hitting, you're on the right track.

    He is a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout! It's wicked cool! Hm...maybe I should work on one to sort out things I guess I'm good at!

    ReplyDelete